23 August 2005

Hurricane Leonard has left the coast of the Dniper. There were not many bars left untouched in Kiev by this force. There were at least three hit a night. The winds started last Wednesday and ended this Friday. Hydropark, our huge island park, hit and so was Chernigiv, Lyala’s home town. But all in all, the city is in good shape and everyone recuperated nicely after a couple of days.

All is good, except the red do-it-yourself bomb. Her frame cracked, something that I cannot really fix. The welder wasn’t too expensive though. About as much as breakfast while we waited on it to get fixed. The weather here is starting to cool down. Still hot in the day but it gets in the 50s at night. I guess fall is around the corner and my southern ass will experience something else it ain’t never experienced, a real winter. Oh yeah, our cat-dog meeshka, caught a house mouse last night. Lyala has been praising him all day with treats(liver sausage) and cooked food (kasha with bones and beef tips). Well I hope to catch yall on-line or hear from you in email. Later ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Oz!

It's good to see that the other world travelers are doing so well. The wedding here was beautiful and I had heaps of fun. Looks like it's gorgeous there which only makes me sadder that I doubt Jason and I could afford to visit while you're there. Damn shame. Lucky Leonard. :-) Hope things continue to go so well.
luv, erin

24 August, 2005 03:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home